How to make a backup?
At the moment this feature is available for Android users only.
In order to make a backup please follow these steps:
- Open the MemoCool menu and tap the cloud shape icon with the blue arrow pointing upwards
- Press the “SAVE TO CLOUD” button.
- Confirm your decision by pressing again “SAVE TO CLOUD”.
- Select a Google account from the list. Once your data has been uploaded to the Cloud, it will be ready for use whenever you need.
Remember: if you save a new backup on that same Gmail account, then it will replace the previous one, leaving only the last backup made.
What is saved in the backup?
The backup stores all your MemoCool information:
- Your memocoins.
- Your unlocked items.
- Your notes, including customization, magnets, colors…
- Your custom Pixel Art magnets.
Why should I make a backup?
It’s always good to have a backup of all your data, to be prepared for any of these situations:
- You have uninstalled the app accidentally.
- You are going to get a new device.
- You want to export your data from the phone to a tablet (at this moment MemoCool Plus still cannot sync between devices).
- Your phone travels to another dimension.
- Another less probable situations.
So if you make a backup before you get a new phone then you can have all your current data in that new device without losing any notes and keeping all your memocoins!
How to retrieve your saved data?
To restore data from a previous backup, please follow these steps:
- Open the MemoCool menu and tap the cloud shape icon with the green arrow pointing downwards
- Press “RETRIEVE DATA”.
- Confirm your decision by pressing “RETRIEVE DATA AND EXIT MEMOCOOL”.
- Select a Google account from the list (the same one you selected when you made the backup).
- IMPORTANT: after restoring the backup from the Cloud, all the current data in your MemoCool Plus will be deleted, being replaced by the restored data.
- Open the app. The data that you saved to the Cloud is now displayed in your MemoCool Plus.
Where is stored all my data?
Your data in the Cloud is stored in Google Drive, hidden and only available for you through MemoCool Plus.
The MemoCool team will never have access to your data, and no one but you.